Saturday 18 December 2010

Hot glass - the results!

We got our pieces back from the hot glass day - very exciting! Here is my paperweight - it is purple, honestly... and so smooth and shiny!




One thing I have realised today is that if I am going to make more glass I need to learn how to photograph it properly - all you can see is reflections in these!

And here is the piece made from the sandcast mould of my indian printing block - also pretty difficult to photograph. The glass is tinted where the sand sticks to it, the darker spots are a few little bits of red glass frit I threw in to see what would happen.


It is just a lovely piece of pure texture!

5 comments:

  1. Those are both really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this post! Veeeerrry cool! While not quite blowing I guess hot glass was what I meant. :) I tried it out last year too and did a black paperweight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, I guess hot glass was what I meant in my other comment really. Love the paperweight, the purple is so wonderfully deep! Tried this myself last year and did black glass. Can't wait to see if you get a chance to try more of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the paperweight... that shape just makes you want to hold it.

    ReplyDelete

Helen Smith, artist and maker in glass, print and stitch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails