Wednesday, 26 October 2011
My bundles are looking pretty good, a much darker colour than I expected to get. And while they didn't smell too good while they were simmering away (a bit cabbagey) they smell lovely now, the essence of autumn distilled. The dark colour may be due in part to the fact that I had used the pan for tea dyeing in the past and it is pretty well impregnated with tea.
I've managed to last a week before opening one... I chose the second from the left to unwrap - I just had to open one of them to see what had happened!
This one is a strip of old sheeting. Here are the leaves that came out of it - no longer the lovely dark red they were!
And this is the result, hanging up to dry after rinsing in cold water. I am absolutely thrilled with it! There are lovely rich browns, quite a bit of yellow which doesn't show too well in the photograph, and even some pinky bits. And some nice patterning where the thread was wrapped round it too.
It will be interesting to see how much of the colour stays when it dries and whether it fades quickly or not.
I'm leaving the others a bit longer... not sure quite how long before I can't resist opening them!